Visitors traveling with HIH are required to pay visitor fees. Please check with Health In Harmony staff before submission to confirm your amount owed. Visitor fees include the following:
- Urgent and emergent medical coverage
- Evacuation insurance
- Visitor visa, valid for 60 days
- 24/7 emergency support that specializes in remote settings
- Ground transportation to Sukadana, via Pontianak or Ketapang
- Staff time for visit coordination and project management
- Private room in shared housing
- Eleven meals per week
- Salary for domestic workers who cook, clean, and do laundry
- Facilities, supplies, and bicycle usage
Please note that if you are staying outside of our facilities and accommodations the hotel add-on starts at an additional $250 per week on the visitor fees as listed below.
|Number of Weeks||Cost in U.S. Dollars|
Cancellation charges reflect the expenses Health In Harmony cannot recover if you cancel, even if you must do so due to illness, injury, visa application issues, or personal emergencies. These fees are not meant to be punitive. The charges made reflect the expenses Health In Harmony has incurred in administering your reservation and planning for your visit. As a non-profit, these costs would otherwise be covered by funds diverted from our mission. We recognize that the majority of those who cancel their reservations do so out of necessity. Please note that we do not make any refunds for any unused portion of your trip, not arriving, arriving late, or leaving the trip early.
Health In Harmony reserves the right to cancel trips that do not meet minimum registration requirements or trips that are impacted by external threats to safety and/or changes in CDC or State Department travel alerts (weather, fire, political upheaval, disease outbreak, other acts of God, etc.). If Health In Harmony needs to cancel a trip, participants will be notified as soon as possible prior to the date of departure and will be issued any applicable refunds within two (2) weeks of the cancellation date. All deposits will be refunded IN FULL if a trip is cancelled due to low enrollment. In the rare event Health In Harmony must cancel a visit within one month of the departure date due to circumstances outside of our control, Health In Harmony will refund all deposits less a 10% administration fee over the total invoice to cover staff time and other costs already incurred. Health In Harmony will not be able to refund international flights or other travel arrangements participants have made.
To qualify for any refunds, we must receive notification in writing, by email to email@example.com. Refunds will be issued within 14 days after the cancellation date. Cancellation date is the date the notice is received by Health In Harmony. Please note that any adjustments to the below percentages are up to the discretion of program staff, who will assess extenuating circumstances.
Individuals are required to pay the balance in full at least 14 days prior to departure.
- Cancellations received within 30 days of departure will be charged a 10% administrative fee over the total amount.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure receive a refund of 75% of the total amount.
- Cancellations made after this will receive a refund of 60% of the total amount.
Student groups are required to pay a deposit fee of 50% at least 30 days prior to departure. Student groups are required to pay the remaining balance at least 14 days prior to departure.
- Cancellations received within 30 days of departure receive a refund of 80% of the total amount.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure receive a refund of 65% of the total amount.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of departure receive a refund of 40% of the total amount.
Please check with Health In Harmony staff before submission to confirm your amount owed.